The first mention of a school in Mell that we have found is in Griffith's Valuation 1854.
The original school dating from this time was located in the church. The 'new school', considered at the time to be 'state of the art' was built in 1957 and consisted of three classrooms, two cloakrooms and in-door toilets.
Our current new building is very much a 'state of the art' building and is located in Mell Lane. It was built in 2010-2011. We moved in in November 2011